Friday, October 14, 2011

...

It wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. This isn’t to say there was anything wrong with what it was – it just wasn’t precisely how I had imagined it. But then, I would surmise it is hard to imagine something that is new…maybe not new so much as different. Now you might ask what it is I imagined at this point, and that would be a legitimate question. I would have to admit at this point that I’m not real sure what I envisioned.
I suppose I imagined a bunch of things, many different realities so to speak. Some of these possibilities converged easily, allowing for many different scenarios to intertwine and overlap, and there were others that stood alone. And since I had given myself so many options for how it might be, one might think that certainly I hit at least one of my imaginings, but I don’t think I did.
Maybe it was simply something that was unimaginable. Maybe there was no way any foreshadowing could take place, for what can we know of a future event when the paths that lead us there twist and turn in totally discombobulated ways. J

No comments:

Post a Comment