Friday, March 16, 2012

Plans :)


Most things in life don’t turn out as planned. So I decided to take a stand against this idea a long time ago and quit planning. Almost entirely. Granted, there are things you can’t avoid having plans for, like weddings or birthday parties and the like, but for all the other stuff, I threw the caution to the wind and decided to just take whatever comes my way, when it comes my way.

It’s simple enough to do, if you can, to just let go of the constraints of time management that goes along with planning. And it truly allows you to relax a bit in your own life. I don’t get stressed when things don’t turn out how I wanted them to, because I don’t let myself want for something. So no matter what happens, I take it and run with it. Or, in some cases, run from it. But no matter, for either way I had no expectations in whatever is unfolding before me.

This also makes those bubbles of anger and anxiety wash away before they even reach the shores of your mind. It’s absurd to get upset over something that you had no idea was coming, or to get upset for something that never came. That is, if you never planned for it either way.

I enjoy happiness. I find it difficult to be sad, I abhor whininess, and anger is something that I’d rather not indulge in (although it is one emotion that I am quite good at expressing with a modicum of intelligence). I just want me and the world around me to be happy. I like to smile and I like to laugh and I don’t want anything to bring me down from those feelings. Lack of planning allows me to do this – at least most of the time.

So let go a little folks. Release the pressure you place upon yourself and realize that life is just a crazy insane kind of thing and to really enjoy it, you must learn to love the madness of it all. You must embrace your lack of control. You must learn, like a wise woman told me once, to simply float on your cloud instead of reaching over the sides with your arms flailing as you try to pedal it in a certain direction.

Come to think of it, I didn’t even plan my wedding. J


No comments:

Post a Comment